Friday, January 8, 2010

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Wangsa Walk

I think Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen is in town for quite some time.. probably, one year or more? As I know, there is an outlet in Midvalley and after reading million of blogs, there is another one at TTDI... and recently, a new outlet nearby my place... and is called Wangsa Walk.

Dearie and I was eager to try out the food when we were shopping at Wangsa Walk. And can you imagine that we had 3 visits in 2 weeks? Hehehe.. People tend to compare Popeyes and KFC.. obviously for the fried chicken, mashed potato, coleslaw.. and the price of both are almost the same.. OMG ! Compare Almost Everything !!

Let's start with the side dishes, shall we? The side dishes were mashed potato with brown gravy, biscuit and coleslaw.

Mashed potato : The thick brown gravy were a bit 'pepperish' (Is there such word?) Ok lah.. What I'm trying to say is a little spicy lah but not very spicy... with some shreadded chicken where you can't really notice it's existence! but you can taste it ..

Coleslaw : I definitely like this more than KFC. I feel that KFC cabbages are too raw and they cut into square or cube sizes (not that I don't like, ok?) but Popeyes had cut it into strips and is very flavorful.. Oh, so yummy!!
Biscuit : The round round thing is the biscuit. It must be served hot. Tasted a little crispy on the outside but soft and fluffy in the inside.. best eaten with mashed potatoes & coleslaw.


My first visit, I ordered the 3 pcs Chicken Tenders set. It costed at RM 9.90 that comes together with the side dishes + soft drink. Standard loh.... the chicken tender were really tender and best of all, it's boneless!!
Dearie ordered the 3pcs chicken set at RM 11.95 if I'm not mistaken. They have mild or spicy and Dearie opted for spicy. It is not as spicy as KFC's hot & spicy. The fried chicken is NOT as oily as KFC.. and the size of the chicken are consistent (Hey, we had been there for 3 times, OK?) Even though i think it's less flavorful (probably lesser spices aka secret ingredients) than KFC but I think it still tasted good! The seafood set that comes with 1 pcs of fried fish and 5 pcs shrimps, mashed potato, coleslaw, biscuit and soft drink at RM 14.95. It looks like a kiddy meal for me. I would say that it's not value-for-the-money as the fish is rather small and only 5 pcs of shrimps... a little expensive loh.. that is why Dearie wasn't satisfied with the second visit so we went there another time on the next day!
And so Dearie ordered the 3 pcs chicken set again to satisfied his crave for Popeyes. Hehehe..
As the mashed potato is too good, we ordered a large size of Mashed potatoes at RM 4.99
Because Popeyes is new to us, so we also tried other food. For instance, the Chicken Sandwich.
I called this the Diamond Bun. Hehehhee.. I wonder why they like to have a slight cutting (a line) in the middle of the bun.. If I'm not mistaken, Mc Donald's spicy MC deluxe bun also look like there is a line in the middle.. looks like want to have a little pattern.. Hehehe.. Nicer kah?
Crispy Boneless Fried Chicken with fresh lettuces and potatoes.. There were some special sauce in it but I don't know what was that..
The Chicken Rice Bowl. This one tasted good.
Boneless Fried chicken with gravy added sour cream served with rice.
Underneath the rice were red beans.. those huge red beans ler..
Satisfying meals...
And the happy me.. ^_^
Howver, we had not tried the fries yet. It looks like they dip the fries into special batter before frying. Hhmmm... probably will try this on the 4th visit. That's it lah !!
** The food review is just based on my personal opinion lah.. ^_^ **

No comments:

Post a Comment