Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Experiences in Bangkok

These are some of the great experiences/lessons learnt for the trip to Bangkok:

1. Cannot simply take photos at open market.

Saw this little kid playing with the bird and I thought it was cute. Without thinking much, I just point and shoot. Suddenly, heard someone shouting "NO PHOTOOO!!!" a fat lady was behind there shouting at me and everyone who heard her paid their attention to me. What else can I do.. said sorry loh.. Well, didn't exactly say sorry.. just the body language "sorry" loh...
2. Cannot simply take photos of dogs when the owner was not around.
Forgotten the incident at the Pet's Corner in Chatuchak. Saw this cute dog at the street of Chinatown. Again, thinking it was cute so I wanted to point and shoot. When I looked into the viewfinder of my DSLR.. the dog was trying to attack me and barking at me somemore!!!! I tried to run a few steps faster.. Hence, I'd got this shot.. and the owner of the dog came out from the shop to see what's going on.. Waaahhh..takutnyaaaaaa...
3. Golden Rule : Remember to bring enough cash for shopping
Things are rather cheap (in prices) there so remember to bring lots of money to buy things ok? Luckily I had brought enough money for the trip and spent it all .. LOL ..

4. Walk every corner in Chatuchak
I know it's stuffy and hot and you will be sweating non-stop in Chatuchak but please walk all the 'soi's in Chatuchak if you are a fashion lover. There are so many things to see and to buy. Seriously, I find Chatuchak offers the cheapest price for clothes. You'll regret if you do not cover some of the soi's ... I felt a little regret for not finishing the entire fashion soi's ... Sigh..


5. Just buy the things you like without thinking much
Don't be 'heart big heart small' or 'po-po ma-ma' when want to buy something. Just go ahead and buy the things that you like without thinking much. Otherwise, you will need to walk back again to the shop... isn't that a waste of time? And if you did not buy the tops/clothes that you like, you will regret when you get back to the hotel..

6. Shopping, shopping and shopping
Again, it's about shopping, shopping and shopping. I had never buy so many bags in 2 days time. Bought 10 bags from bangkok trip. Do drop by at Naraya shop in Central World. Things are cheap and nice there!! The ribbons/bows on the bags look so adorable.. Thank you Dearie for the 2 Naraya bags you bought for me. Love it ...
7. Watch GayShow
Watching the gayshow was really an eye opener for me. If never watch before then should go and have a look to see how is the show looks like. Usually you don't see guys f**king but in the show you can see the real SHOW .. quite entertaining though ...

8. Braids at KhaoSan Road
Even though I do not follow the girls to KhaoSan Road but if you would like your hair to be done like their hair, then you should go to KhaoSan Road. Remember to bargain first ya.. Jess did 10 braids and got 2 for free.. Hehee..

From the left : Yee Feng, Jess, Joan

9. Taxi must go by meter
When hoping into a taxi, make sure to ask it's going by meter or not. If the driver is offering you a certain amount of taxi fare, it is usually over-priced !! (something like KL taxis) It is 35 baht when you go into the taxi and I find the meter moving quite slow.. Haha... Also make sure the driver knows the place you want to go.. or else he will end up stopping by somewhere to ask someone in thai about the direction and he still doesn't know where!! It happened to us to catch another taxi as the driver doesn't know where is CENTRAL WORLD.. we were so pissed off !!

That's all peeps for the trip to Bangkok.. (^_^)


No comments:

Post a Comment